Ice Center Skating School
Ice skating is an exciting, invigorating and enjoyable activity. In the Ice Center Skating School, you'll learn the skills that will enable you to enjoy a lifetime of fun and exercise. Step-by-step instruction in pleasant, supervised surroundings makes learning safe and easy. New skaters are always welcomed. Classes are grouped by age and ability, and meet once per week.
Visit the rink closest to you to find out more on the Skating School for Ice Center at Cupertino or Ice Center at San Mateo.
Skating School Benefits:
Your First Lesson
- 30 minute lesson once per week
- FREE skate rental on lesson day
- FREE admission to all public sessions (Does not include skate rental)
- 3 FREE guest admission passes to public sessions (Does not include skate rental)
- Family and multiple discounts
- Students graded and tested regularly
- Recitals, shows and competitions
- Make-up session. If you miss one of your regular lessons, you may make it up by attending another lesson of the same or similar level. All make-up lessons must be taken by the end of the session. No credit is given for missed lessons. If you need to make-up a lesson, obtain a make-up coupon from the Ice Center cashier and present it to your make-up class instructor.
- Curriculum geared toward the Ice Skating Institute.
- The ice rink is cold all year around, so please be sure to dress warmly
- Bring gloves or mittens, and socks
- Arrive early
- Present your student ID card for admission to the Ice Center rink
- Present your student ID card at the skate rental counter and tell the attendant you shoe size
- Skates should fit snugly and be tied tightly. Normally, the skate size will be 1 to 2 sizes smaller than street shoes
- The first day classes meet off ice in front of the skate rental counter